Friday, September 23, 2011

Would I be able to replace my rotor, cap and spark plugs on my 95 toyota celica by myself?

I have no auto repair experience but from how to articles I've read on the internet, it seems pretty straightforward. Is this an easy thing to do, and if so, got any tips to give me? It seems I'll save around $200 by doing it myself.

Thanks!Would I be able to replace my rotor, cap and spark plugs on my 95 toyota celica by myself?HI

Yes that is pretty basic stuff. Should be done with the motor cold so you don't strip the head as its aluminum and well swell when its hot so the plugs well be held to tight.

1) Just remember to change the plugs one at a time so you get the right wire back on the right plug.

2) When doing the cap mark the front of the old one, then pull it off the distributor, in stall the new one (they well only go on one way and lock down) then remove the wires out of the old one, one at a time and put it in the new cap in the same location.

3) the rotor well only go on one way as well.

4) you should get a spark plug gapper and check the gaps on the new plugs before you install them. they are not always gaped right from the factory. You can get the gap information form the parts house.

good luck

timWould I be able to replace my rotor, cap and spark plugs on my 95 toyota celica by myself?thats totally up to you and whether you think you can do it or not but if you decide to you have to wait till your engine is cold well not cold but like semi-warm cause youll strip the spark plug if you do it while its hotWould I be able to replace my rotor, cap and spark plugs on my 95 toyota celica by myself?

first you have to have the tools then know where the parts are that you need to replace. Then carefully remove the spark plug wires so you do not break, same for plugs. For the first time you really need someone to show you otherwise you could damage something. Is this a cyl or V6. the V6 is more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment