Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I check fire on the spark plugs?

93 explorer. I need to know how to see if I have enough spark on my spark plugs. The truck wont start and Im thinking its a bad ignition coil. Its not a fuel problem. Check engine light is on. Always starts perfectly, now it wont hit at all. Any ideas other than the ignition coil?How do I check fire on the spark plugs?Take out the spark plug, place wire back on plug. Hold wire/plug by wire's boot, so firing end of plug is close to (1/4%26quot; away from) a ground like the engine block, exhaust manifold, etc.



Have some one turn the key so engine turns over.



If you have good spark you will have a bright blue spark from plug to exhaust manifold. Also will hear a loud pop as it fires.



If spark color is real light blue, orange, or yellow you have weak spark How do I check fire on the spark plugs?Be careful but you could take the wire and hold it it next to the distributer if you have spark then it is working Good LuckHow do I check fire on the spark plugs?you pull a plug place it back into qires end give the motor a crank over while plug is out you will see spark and most likely coilHow do I check fire on the spark plugs?take the wire off and put it up to the valve cover and see if it sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment