Monday, September 19, 2011

1984 or 85 Suzuki Quadrunner fowling out spark plugs?

I bought it from someone who let it sit for a while and couldn't get it to run. I redid a lot of stuff in the engine and got 80% of the rust off of it. The electric start is dead so I have to use the pull start. The biggest problem is the spark plugs though. I have to replace them every 20 miles or so. When I take them out they're black on the top and they can be cleaned a little with a wire brush and I'll get another 5 or so miles out of them. We've had them to 3 dealership shops and none of them can find the problem with either starter or spark plugs. I'm going to take apart the carburetor too but the one mechanic did that and didn't find anything.



Any suggestions as to fixing either?



Also I need to find out how to take out the coil down in there, if anyone knows how.1984 or 85 Suzuki Quadrunner fowling out spark plugs?Clean the air filter, clean out the carb and leave the coil alone.





Also make sure all the old gas has been drained and only new fuel is in the system.1984 or 85 Suzuki Quadrunner fowling out spark plugs?try cleaning the carbs, running a hotter plug, does it smoke at all when it is running? it could have bad rings so oil could be getting past ang fouling it
  • server
  • desktop issue
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment