Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I replace spark plugs on a 1996 Dodge Stratus?

I can locate the spark plugs but have no idea how to get to them.How do I replace spark plugs on a 1996 Dodge Stratus?ok you need to remove the upper intake (i know, it's retarded). To do this, remove the bolts from the top (6 of them I believe, 13mm), throttle body (easier than removing all of the connections), 2 bolts holding the EGR tube on, and viola... you're there. It's a good idea to have either a spark plug socket with a rubber o-ring to hold the plug, or a pair of long needle nose pliers as the plugs sit way down in the valve cover. Good luck!!



Edit: This is only for the 2.5 liter V6, I'm not sure on the four-cyl.How do I replace spark plugs on a 1996 Dodge Stratus?you need a real long spark plug socket to get to them,go to any parts store and purchase the long reach spark plug socket it was designed to use on the newer vehicles,with it you can get them in and out with no problems,without it though it make the job real hard to do,they will keep falling off of a regular socket,make sure you get them right and don't drop them in the hole,good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment