Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I remove the plug wires and spark plugs from my 98 olds intrigue?

I'm trying to remove the plug wires and spark plugs on this car but it has a boot that covers the spark plug and the end of the plug wire. I've tried pulling and wiggling it but it won't come off although it does loosen some. Do I need to remove the plug wires first to remove the boot? I've tried to pull them off first but the plug wires aren't coming off either.How can I remove the plug wires and spark plugs from my 98 olds intrigue?Here's what ya do.. the rubber boot is part of the spark plug wire. If you are replacing it with new wires just pull and tug till it comes off. It just %26quot;snaps%26quot; in place but over the years the rubber has kinda glued itself to the plug. You will probably pull the wire out of the boot, once this happens that wire is no longer any good. That rubber piece stuck to the plug is actually a part of the wire. Sometimes it helps to get a pair of pliers of some kind and clamp the tip of the boot on rotate it in a circular motion, this will break the %26quot;seal%26quot; or bond that is making it stick to the plug. Once it (the rubber boot) twist freely on the plug it should pull straight off fairly easy. There is a metal clip inside the boot that is clipped on the tip of the plug, you will need to pull it off of the plug with the pliers once the boot is removed so you can get a socket on the spark plug. The spark plug will require either a 5/8 or 3/4 inch deep well socket to remove it. it unscrews counter clock wise. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN when installing, just real snug, if you have aluminum heads it could damage the threads and then you have a serious problem. Always start the new plug with you fingers and screw it all the way down, as far as possible before tightening with the ratchet. It should go in very easy if there is any kind of resistance while trying to screw the plug down with your fingers, it may be not going in straight. Don't force it if its not going in straight. You will easily be able to tell if its screwing in correctly or not.How can I remove the plug wires and spark plugs from my 98 olds intrigue?I hear that calling a man helps a lot.How can I remove the plug wires and spark plugs from my 98 olds intrigue?if uve already go the new plugs and wires.. just yank em off 1 at a time and replace with new parts as u go......the boots will probably separate frum the wires since they have never been changed (probably)...

make sure u use the dialectic grease that comes with the new wires in the new boots so u wont have this problem the next time...How can I remove the plug wires and spark plugs from my 98 olds intrigue?just put your finger ont the plug,and pull the plug wire off, it will pop off hard, or cut the wire and use a socket to pull the spark plug out,then replace size for size.How can I remove the plug wires and spark plugs from my 98 olds intrigue?yes pull hardHow can I remove the plug wires and spark plugs from my 98 olds intrigue?http://www.ehow.com/how_5303943_change-p



http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_cha



I found the above links that address your question. I did not see anything about a cover though. Sorry I don't have a better answer. Good luck.How can I remove the plug wires and spark plugs from my 98 olds intrigue?If you try to remove the wire from the boot you will wreck it. Plug caps have a very snug fit and if silicone wasn't put in them they stick to the plug from years of heat. The wire terminal has a snug fit on the plug also. You can try rotating the caps slightly to break the bond but your best bet would be to get a proper tool or someone more knowledgeable.
  • does any ram fit on my computer
  • make pc go faster
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment