Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I replace the spark plugs in my 2000 mustang V6?

I am looking to replace the spark plugs and wires on my mustang. In inspecting the engine, I see the plugs on the driver's side of the vehicle. The plugs on the passenger side seem to be hidden under the air intake manifold and below some other parts. I know how to replace the plugs if I can access them, can anybody provide step by step instructions on what to remove to access the passenger side plugs?How do I replace the spark plugs in my 2000 mustang V6?dude if you find someone that can show you how let me KNOW!!How do I replace the spark plugs in my 2000 mustang V6?If you still aren't scared of doing that by now just take it step-by-step and remove what you need to remove till you can see all 3 plugs. There is way to much involved for such a small engine, I would try raising the car up and remove the front right wheel and getting at the plugs through the wheel well. Most tune ups do have some degree of difficulty with one side of the engine having all the plumbing in the way.How do I replace the spark plugs in my 2000 mustang V6?You may have to take off the air hose going from the intake to the air box on the fender. That should give you some room to work. Also I had an 89 GT and some of my plugs were easier to gain access from under the car with it either on jack stands or on ramps. Sometimes you cant really get the socket and ratchet on the plug and still have room. I had a Maverick with a factory V-8 like this. I used a spark plug socket that had a 13/16 I think it was nut (sort of) on the end where the ratchet goes. You can fit the socket on the plug and then use a box end wrench to break it loose and turn it out with either the socket and your fingers or use a piece of vacuum hose over the end of the plug to get it out. The vacuum hose (or a plug starter same thing) is a neat trick for putting them back in without worrying to much about cross threading them. Use a little never siez on the threads to help out the next time.How do I replace the spark plugs in my 2000 mustang V6?you need a 5/8 socket and a ratchet with extensioner. and a couple extra spark plugs, new timers will break them by either over tightening them or a loose ratchet grip.



take one spark plug boot off at a time, either mark them or simply replace the spark plug then reboot it, and move on to the next. if you rush and yank them all off at once, you will cross wire it and take a while to redo it and get a nice dose of electric shocks.



you will need to gap them to, i used bosch double plat series, 0.52 gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment